Finished remaking the prototype version of the communication device. Take a look! All the hardware is fully functional too.
- LCD is 128x64 pixles with adjustable backlight
- Touchscreen resolution is approx 200x200 (more than enough for that screen)
- Power is two 2500 mAh rechargable NiMH batteries. Can easily substitute two normal AA's if you want.
- The Radio is currently a short-range Xbee and easily upgradable.
- The onboard computing power is done with an 18MHZ ATmega328 micro controller
I'm thinking of building a solar-powered AA NiMH recharger. After all, when the zombie-apocalypse comes you probably won't be able to use a power outlet.